I've been really frustrated recently. Partly because people who I care about are struggling, partly because I'm struggling, and I just want to hear the truth! Its like I'm standing in a crowded room trying to listen to one voice, yet the others are so overwhelming and loud I can't hear.
Its like I want to just scream "Shut UP!" I miss talking to my dad. I miss cuddling up in his lap and having him read to me from his word and teach me new things. I love hanging out with him, I love being with him and I love how he constantly meets me every day with something new!
Yet in the craziness of my own life, in the craziness of our lives, we forget. We get wrapped up in what church we go to, what things we say, how we present ourselves, what we are doing so share the gospel, how we are moving forward, who is mentoring us, who we are discipling, etc. And don't get me wrong those things are important, but thet are second! The first and biggest thing we need to be focused on is our relationship with Christ. Afterall he is the only one who can put us back together. He is the only one who can meet our needs. We can't do anything unless he is moving through us. Yet we forget that. It's what am I doing, when it should be "God what do you want to teach me today?"
We are mirrors that reflect both the light and life of Christ. Yet because we are fallen, our mirror is cracked and chipped all over the place. When we focus first on reflecting before we allow God to fix some of those cracks, we don't display the glory of God. However, when we take the time to allow God to patch us up, fillin some of those cracks, spray a little windex on us...thats when we start reflecting the imense glory of who God is. And the crazy thing is that, when we are allowing God to move in our lives first, thats when we shine the brightest! It's not about us...it never was and never will be. Its also not about what we can do because we are completly and totally inadequate without the Holy Spirit. Some people might not like that because it means that somehow they aren't good enough. But I love it! I'm not good enough! YES! I'm inadequet, yet in my inadequacy, God's grace allows me to be used! Holy cow is that humbling. We can't choose God, but he chose us! He chose me to be his daughter and he chose you to be his child. How loving, how crazy and insanely amazing does that make God. He cares about us so much! He died because he cared so much!
What have you forgotten? Have you forgotten what his arms feel like, or what his voice sound like? Have you forgotten that you need him or that your inadequate without his divine intervention? Have you gone at it alone, trusting in your own power rather then his? Or have you forgotten his love?
I want to challenge all of you, and I am lumping myself in also, but I challenge everyone one of you for a week to stop doing...stop talking...and just listen. Ask God what he wants to teach you and how he wants to grow you, and then wait on him. I don't know what that looks like in each of your lives, and I don't know how God is going to respond. But one thing I do know is that God answers those who call on him and he blesses them. Some things are gonna be hard to hear, convicting, loving, teaching, rebuking...but God wants to show each one of you something. So stop looking out into the world for what you can do, and look up at the one who created you.
"For God, who said, 'Let light shine out of darkness,' made his light shine in our hearts to give us the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Christ. But we have this treasure in jars of clay to show that this all-surpassing power is from God and not from us." - 2Corinthians 4:6-7
No comments:
Post a Comment