Sometimes when I'm spending time with God, he shares something with me which I am completely ovewhelmed by and can't wait to share with others!
"But the land you are crossing the Jordan to take possesion of is a land of mountins and valleys that drinks rain from heaven. It is a land the Lord your God cares for; the eyes of the Lord your God are continually on it from the beginning of the year to its end." - Deuteronomy 11:11-12
We are beginning a new year; crossing over from last year to this one. Each year is full of promise. God has amazing plans in store and he wants to lead us individually down a path of teaching and blessing. It says that the land is a land of mountains and valleys. There will be highs this year and lows this year. We will struggle spiritually, emotionally, physically, mentally, socially....in every way possible we will face some type of struggle. Yet it also says that the land drinks rain from heaven. Jesus tells us that he is the wellspring of life and David writes that his soul pants for living water. We need water to sustain us physically and in the same way we need Gods word to sustain us spiritually, emotionally, and mentally. If we cease to go to him and drink up his word then we forget what clean, pure water tastes like.
It says that the land we are lead into is the land that the Lord God cares for. Imagine that? God leading us into a land that he has created and cares for. It also says that his eyes are on it from the beginning of the year to its end.
"For I know the plans I have for you declares the Lord, plans to prosper and not to harm you. Plans to give you a hope and a future."
I know that verse is used so many times. But that verse is a promise. God has laid out that path we will tred on for the next year. He knows the mountains we will face, and the valleys we will be lost in. But he also knows the meadows we will walk through with him.
I take so much comfort and hope in these verses. No matter where I go, God has a plan. He knows me, he knows his will for me and because of that I truely take peace and comfort in his arms.
"Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart. I will be found by you decalres the Lord." - Jeremiah 29:12-14
No comments:
Post a Comment