Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Re-entering my World

I've just spent the last 10 days serving down in Tepatitlan Mexico. Tepaticlan is about an hour outside of Guadalajara. My team and I experienced amazing things while serving there, and I realized several things about myself.
I have always had a heart for the people of Mexico, and I feel God's calling on my life to go serve them. I have traveled to Mexico 6 times and plan to return in October. I have mainly served in Monterrey, and it wasn't until this trip that I decided to step out of the "safety net" of Monterrey because i felt God calling me to step up and serve him in a whole new way.
Re-entry into my life in the States after my last mission trip in October 08' was a disaster! I experienced the worst kind of spiritual attack and let myself become a very bitter person. I reached a breaking point in my life. I should have never walked away from God, but I found myself coming before him asking him to show me his plan for my life. I didn't realize how severely different my life was until several months later. I look back on that experience, sad because of the person I became, but overjoyed because of the life thats been restored in me.
Needless to say, re-entry into my life after this trip is a little scary to say the least. At the beginning of the trip I was terrified of experiencing the same spiritual attack I did last time. However I realized that God already had that under control. As the days went on I began to get a peace about me that can only be described as divine. I no longer doubt my purpose in Mexico, as I did previously. I see Gods hand in my life moving me to help churches and children homes. He has placed opportunities in my life, and with an obedient and willing heart, I accept them.
Goodbyes are always hard, but i feel as though this is not goodbye. I will see them again, if not on earth, then in heaven. They are my brothers and sisters in Christ, and Gods will in Tepatictlan, Monterrey, and all of mexico will be fufilled. I feel privledged to take part in his plan and I can't wait to see what else he has in store for me there.
Until I return, I'm sure God has much more for me to do here in my community.

~ Catie

No comments:

Post a Comment